Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 53

I am doing what was asked and it did change to blend in like it is supposed to but it still says I am wrong I’m not really sure what’s gone wrong
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <input="submit">

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 20

Link to the challenge:

Take a look at your earlier input elements, such as:

<input id="first-name" type="text" />

input is the name of the element, id and type are the names of its attributes, and first-name and text are the values of those attributes.

Make sure the input element you added at the end has the right attributes with the right values as the instructions say.
Good luck!

Hello!
The code provided does not appear to be the code for step 53 of Building a Registration Form. However, your question does appear to be to do with the step.

Step 53

To make the input and textarea elements blend in with the background theme, set their background-color to #0a0a23. Then, give them a 1px, solid border with a color of #0a0a23

Could you please submit this code so we are able to assist you for find the problem?
Thanks and happy coding!

but there are no wiggly red lines under any of my code and when i type the code out the colour changes just as it is supposed to so this is where i am getting confused

Like @anon42932716 mentioned, it looks like you submitted the code for step 20 and not step 53. Can you show us your CSS so we can see what the problem is?

input , textarea{
background-color: #0a0a23;
border-color: #0a0a23 1px;
border: solid;

it doesnt matter i sorted it just now been on that for 2 days i took away the border-color and just had border and put it solid on the same line as the colour silly me lol

1 Like

I didnt realise that if i clicked help on a step it would not be the code for that step that was shown my bad

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.