Learn Intermediate CSS by Building a Cat Painting - Step 2

Tell us what’s happening:

Hello everyone! I just came back to freeCodeCamp after a break and am encountering this problem with step 2 of the cat painting lesson. The task is: " Within your head element, add a meta tag with the charset attribute of utf-8. Also add a title element with the text fCC Cat Painting." From what I understand, my code should work, but I only get the hint " You should add a single meta element." I’ve also looked up this lesson on YouTube where someone seems to have been able to get through the lesson with this code. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>fCC Cat Painting</title>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</head>
<body></body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:121.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/121.0

Challenge Information:

Learn Intermediate CSS by Building a Cat Painting - Step 2

Welcome back to the community @zarasophos !

Your code passes on my end.

Try deleting and entering it again.

Clear the cache and cookies,

Extensions and dark mode can cause issues submitting the code sometimes.

Try submitting from a different browser.

Wishing you good progress!

Thanks for the reply! I tried the following in Firefox:

1. Delete and re-enter code
  2. Reload page
  3. Delete cookies and force reload page

I do not have dark mode activated, but do have the following extensions: uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Consent-o-matic, Redirect AMP to HTML, as well as a few other ones which shouldn’t be relevant. The code still did not get accepted.

I then tried again on Edge and there was no problem.

1 Like

I am glad you were able to resolve the problem. Even my password manager can cause me grief at times with submitting my code. Who would think that a password manager could be the problem?

Wishing you good progress!