Learn Intermediate CSS by Building a Cat Painting - Step 8

Tell us what’s happening:
I keep getting prompted with “Your background property should use the linear-gradient function.” but it’s already inputted inside so i’m not sure what’s wrong with my code.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->

/* User Editable Region */

.cat-head{background: linear-gradient (#5e5e5e 85%, #45454f 100%)}

/* User Editable Region */

}

Link to the challenge:

Hope can be good not want to give answer help fix website me remember this part and can be headache not many ways to give hint
what is needed to erase space between gradient and (
put () next to gradient if has space between not able to work for website thank you take care hope this can help you if not than message again and will give you the syntax gn gm fren

1 Like

Hey ryoshi! Thank you for your reply^^
I tried removing the space between gradient and () but it now prompts me with " Your linear-gradient function should set the first color to be #5e5e5e at 85% ."

1 Like

Hi @bbbloo , I just faced same problem and turn out finding that we do not need to add ‘.cat-head {}’ since this has been coded above.
So we just need to write the following
Mod edit: removed solution

in the line and it shall goes well.

2 Likes

Should be line 14 for this .cat-head class is above and background: is on line 14 forgot to put erase .cat-head becuase already adding values now to class charles leungcy can pust correct answer and help extra can be kind of them
even with .cat-head { erased if can be space between linear-gradient and ( it would not work that was problem for me first time me tried this
no space between linear and also not need extra ,cat-head class attribute for css thank you both for needing help and helping take care gn gm frens

1 Like

my gosh… i was stuck on this step for several weeks and the solution was so simple! thank you very much for your help!!

thank you very much for your explanation and help ryoshi! i appreciate it!!

1 Like

@charles.leungcy.1119

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.