Learn Intermediate OOP by Building a Platformer Game - Step 82

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

if (collisionDetectionRules.every(rule => rule)) {
    player.velocity.y = 0;
    return; 
  }

Not sure why this doesn’t pass, and would appreciate a hint, thanks

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Intermediate OOP by Building a Platformer Game - Step 82

The tests want the rule parameter to be wrapped in parentheses even though technically it doesn’t need to be.

Do you want to create a github issue for this?

1 Like

I think this is the 4th step where I have had this problem where the answer is technically correct but not the answer the checker was looking for. Does anyone resolve these issues when they are posted? I don’t mind creating an issue for it, I am just wondering if they actually get resolved?

And btw thank you again for your help.

Yes. Issues like these are especially good for first-timers to take and there are usually a ton of people looking to make their first contributions to fCC. Also, you’ll notice the word “Beta” in this certification, which means they are actively looking for people to find issues like this so they can be fixed.

2 Likes

Okay it has been submitted, thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.