Learn Introductory JavaScript by Building a Pyramid Generator - Step 86

Tell us what’s happening:

The instructions say “Update your while loop condition to check if done is not equal to count.” , so I changed the "if (done === count) to “if (done !== count)” but it is still telling me that my while loop should check if done and count are not equal. Where am I going wrong here?

Your code so far

const character = "#";
const count = 8;
const rows = [];

function padRow(rowNumber, rowCount) {
  return " ".repeat(rowCount - rowNumber) + character.repeat(2 * rowNumber - 1) + " ".repeat(rowCount - rowNumber);
}

// TODO: use a different type of loop
/*for (let i = 1; i <= count; i++) {
  rows.push(padRow(i, count));
}*/

let continueLoop = false;
let done = 0;

// User Editable Region

while (continueLoop) {
  done++;
  rows.push(padRow(done, count));
  if (done !== count) {
    continueLoop = false;
  } 
}

// User Editable Region

let result = ""

for (const row of rows) {
  result = result + "\n" + row;
}

console.log(result);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Introductory JavaScript by Building a Pyramid Generator - Step 86

the while loop condition is this where you have written continueLoop, try changing this

2 Likes

okay that makes sense, got it, thank you!!

while loop have to check done is not equal to count, hope this helps

code redacted by mod

welcome to the forum. please create your own topic to the challenge step using help button, that is appears below the challenge editor after attempting wrong code more than three times.

@visalsudhakaran

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.