Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:
So on the first step I am getting a hint stating " Your head element should come before your body element." I have referenced W3 and looked up the basic HTML structure and cannot find a reason why the program thinks the ‘head’ element is in the wrong position. Hopefully it is just some small input error that I did not catch. Any help is appreciated in advance.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css">
<title>Balance Sheet</title>
</head>
<body></body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0

Challenge: Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Hmm, I just tested your HTML and it passed for me. Maybe try reloading the step? Try a different browser? I’m just guessing here since it should work.

So I logged into my account on Edge and apparently it worked like a charm. I’ve been using Firefox with no issue, but I finally hit a snag. Thanks for the advice!

That is interesting because I use FF with FCC and it was passing for me. This may not have been an issue with FF itself, but possibly an extension you have installed in FF or a configuration setting? Anyhoo, glad you got it working!

So I have uBlock turned off for the website, but apparently the issue was that I left a Japanese text translator on. xD Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.