Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 46

** Your span[class~="sr-only"] selector should have the -webkit-clip-path property set to inset(50%) !important .**

span[class~="sr-only"] {
  border:0 !important;
  clip:rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px) !important;
  clip-path:inset(50%) !important;
  -webkit-clip-path:inset(50%) !important;
  height:1px !important;
  width:1px !important;
  position:absolute !important;
  overflow:hidden !important;
  white-space:nowrap !important;
  padding:0 !important;
  margin:-1px !important;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 46

Link to the challenge:

Despite entering the correct code the I’m receiving the following error: " Your

span[class~="sr-only"]

selector should have the

-webkit-clip-path

property set to

inset(50%) !important

."

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

This doesn’t help
at all.

of course it doesn’t. It only helps the person trying to help you (not that you seem to understand that).

Anyway, here’s the problem. This test is very finicky and wants you to not touch the spacing on the two clip property lines.

I added a single space after the colon on the line the hint mentioned and that fixed it.
(if you get other hints, try to add back the space to the right of the colon for each line that the hint says something about)

1 Like

Thank you the spacing worked

1 Like

Thank you. Adding a space worked.

1 Like

add awhite space before “inset(50%) !important;”
-webkit-clip-path: inset(50%) !important;

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.