Learn Recursion by Building a Decimal to Binary Converter - Step 104

Tell us what’s happening:

I am struggling with this step. Cannot access id values.

Your code so far

document.getElementById('${obj.inputVal}')

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:121.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/121.0

Challenge Information:

Learn Recursion by Building a Decimal to Binary Converter - Step 104

You are close here. It looks like you are trying to use a template literal to get the inputVal. Do template literals use regular single quotes or back ticks?

But spoiler alert, the tests won’t accept a template literal, so you can forget about using that method. And really, you don’t need to. Even though inputVal is a number, it will be automatically converted to a string when passed into getElementById. So there’s your hint :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. If others have the same mistake, here is correct way -

[Answer removed]

Hey @sfrnv, I know you are new here so this is just a friendly reminder. We don’t post code solutions in here. Instead, we try to help people find the answers for themselves. So I’ve removed the answer from your last post.

document.getElementById(obj.inputVal)