Learn Recursion by Building a Decimal to Binary Converter - Step 47

2 things:

1. The instructions have a typo in the first sentence:
In computer science, a stack is a data structure where items stored in an LFIO (last-in-first-out) manner.

Should be LIFO

1. The instructions (which appear before the blank line 1) also say
You'll see this in action by creating mock call stack.

Initialize a variable named callStack and assign it an empty array.

However, if I enter const callStack = []; in the blank line 1 and try to check the code, nothing happens. I then noticed that line 2, which is after the buttons to Check Your Code (Ctrl + Enter) and Reset, is

const callStack = [];

so, just leaving line 1 empty and pressing the Check Your Code (Ctrl + Enter) button passes the check and the Submit and go to next challenge button appears.

Please pass this on to the appropriate people.
Many thanks

Challenge Information:

Learn Recursion by Building a Decimal to Binary Converter - Step 47

please reset the step and tell me if it is still there, it doesn’t look like it should be there in the starting code for the step

I reset the step and the line disappeared from the starting code for the step.

(The typo in the instructions is still there though)

would you like to open a github issue for that?

Please could you. I’m not sure how to do that

I’m not sure the “or” in the 2nd part of the instruction should be there. I’m fairly new here so if a github issue needs to be open, I could do it if someone would point me in the right direction

The call stack is a collection of function calls stored in a stack structure. When you call a function, it is added to the top or of the stack, and when it returns, it is removed from the top / end of the stack.

You can open an issue on the issue tracker