Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database doesn't proceed

Tell us what’s happening:
I left my computer during the building of a Mario Database tutorial, and now the tutorial doesn’t run properly. I have tried resetting the assignment and my code, but nothing works to get it to run correctly.
I am getting the following errors in the terminal whenever I run a command:
bash: /home/codeally/project/.freeCodeCamp/test/.next_command: Bad message
bash: /home/codeally/project/.freeCodeCamp/test/.cwd: Bad message
bash: /home/codeally/project/.freeCodeCamp/test/.next_command: Bad message

Your code so far
No code written thus far for the assignment. I reset everything so nothing I had before was preserved.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Mario Database

Link to the challenge:

Hmm, something may have gotten messed up in your VM @fengkeven. Those are the files for logging your bash commands. I want to say that they don’t exist, and that’s why you’re seeing those messages - but I’m not sure. I feel like this won’t work, but you could try exiting the terminal and opening a new one. Don’t exit it with the x - type exit into it or use the trash can icon at the top right of the terminal.

If you’re not too far into it, you can start over using the instructions here. You may need to end up going that route.

Curious, if you type ls -a in the terminal, what do you see?

So I ended up deleting the container and remaking everything. I think it had something to do with the connectivity to the container since I couldn’t login until the next day. For future reference, when typing ls in the terminal it would list out the files, but it would also show the above errors. Basically, any command would produce the above errors. I have it working now by redoing everything.

1 Like