Learn String Manipulation by Building a Cipher - Step 13

Hi Guys sooo in trying to understand the Caesar cipher however im finding it quite challenging;

Describe your issue in detail here.
Here is the instuction pertaining to my issue : At the end of your code, call .find() on your alphabet string and pass text[0] to the method. i dont really understand what exactly i should be doing .

My code so far

alphabet = ‘abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz’
print(alphabet)
alphabet.find(‘a’)(text[0])

# User Editable Region

alphabet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
text[0] = caesar_cipher("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", shift_value 3)
print(alphabet)
alphabet.find((text[0]))

# User Editable Region

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn String Manipulation by Building a Cipher - Step 13

You appear to have created this post without editing the template. Please edit your post to Tell us what’s happening in your own words.
Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.
Also, the more you say, the more we can help!

The request introduces the following example:

Start by finding the position of the first letter in the string. One way is to call the .find() string method on the string you want to parse:

text.find('W')

We can take that example apart and identify its elements. There’s text which is a name for a string of characters. There is a method called on it (because text is an object), this method is .find() and there’s an argument given to the method: the upper case character W.

Following the example format, we could see why this is not correct

alphabet.find(‘a’)(text[0])

There is something not right appending another (text[0]) to the .find() method.

However, this, has the same format

alphabet.find((text[0]))

Except, you have introduced more parenthesis than necessary, surrounding the argument text[0]