Your code so far

/* User Editable Region */

text = 'Hello World'
shift = 3
alphabet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'

#no clue on what i need to do not gonna lie 

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn String Manipulation by Building a Cipher - Step 23

You appear to have created this post without editing the template. Please edit your post to Tell us what’s happening in your own words.

Between the for loop and print(), add a line that assigns ‘index’ to the find() method as described in the challenge.

for char in foo:
(your code)
print(foo)

(Btw don’t copy the ‘foo’, that’s just a placeholder in pseudo code)

Hi good evening I’m a new student and I try to do the exercise for my own. But I stocked in this chapter 23, I had read that you describe avobe and I use it , but it doesnt work can you help me please? thankyou
I do this:
text = ‘Hello World’
shift = 3
alphabet = ‘abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz’

for char in alphabet:
index = alphabet.find(char)
print(f"alphabet: {char}, Index: {index}")

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

ok I’ll do it. thanks