Learn Typography by Building a Nutrition Label - Step 43

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong that it won’t let me go to the next step
( I’m on step 43 of the nutrition facts label)

<div class="divider"></div>
  <p><span class="bold" class="alignment">Total Fat</span>
  <span class="alignment">8g</span>
  <span class="bold">10%</span>
  </p>
</div>

I don’t think the instructions are asking you to add this class. And you can’t have multiple class attributes on a tag.

“Finally, nest the Total Fat span element and the text 8g in an additional span element for alignment.”

I do not see a span that is doing this. One span should be nesting both of these.

1 Like

Please post a link to the Step you are working on when asking a question.

What does the error message say?

The error says that “One span element should wrap the text ‘Total Fat’”, even when I thought I did.

Ya, the hint you are getting really isn’t that great and is misleading because as you said, you do have a span around “Total Fat”. I’d ignore it and concentrate on the issues I pointed out above.

Ok, now I’m confused because the last part of the step says to:
" nest the Total Fat span element and the text 8g in an additional span element for alignment."
But one time I removed a span element just to see what would happen and it says to only have three span elements. So now I’m confused on how to align them :confused:

<p><span class="bold">Total Fat</span>
      <span>8g</span>
      <span class="bold">10%</span>
      </p>

This span only contains the text 8g

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.