Learn Typography by Building a Nutrition Label - Step 51

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
It keeps saying “Your new p element should have the text Trans Fat 0g .”, but I thought it did or does.
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title>Nutrition Label</title>
  <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700,800" rel="stylesheet">
  <link href="./styles.css" rel="stylesheet">
</head>

<body>
  <div class="label">
    <header>
      <h1 class="bold">Nutrition Facts</h1>
      <div class="divider"></div>
      <p>8 servings per container</p>
      <p class="bold">Serving size <span>2/3 cup (55g)</span></p>
    </header>
    <div class="divider large"></div>
    <div class="calories-info">
      <div class="left-container">
        <h2 class="bold small-text">Amount per serving</h2>
        <p>Calories</p>
      </div>
      <span>230</span>
    </div>
    <div class="divider medium"></div>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<div class="daily-value small-text">
      <p class="bold right no-divider">% Daily Value *</p></div>
      <p><span><span class="bold">Total Fat</span> 8g</span> <span class="bold">10%</span></p>
      <p class="indent no-divider">Saturated Fat 1g <span class="bold">5%</span></p>
      <p class="indent no-divider"><span><i>Trans</i> Fat 0g</p></span>
    </div>    

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</div>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
* {
  box-sizing: border-box;
}

html {
  font-size: 16px;
}

body {
  font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
}

.label {
  border: 2px solid black;
  width: 270px;
  margin: 20px auto;
  padding: 0 7px;
}

header h1 {
  text-align: center;
  margin: -4px 0;
  letter-spacing: 0.15px
}

p {
  margin: 0;
  display: flex;
  justify-content: space-between;
}

.divider {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #888989;
  margin: 2px 0;
}

.bold {
  font-weight: 800;
}

.large {
  height: 10px;
}

.large, .medium {
  background-color: black;
  border: 0;
}

.medium {
  height: 5px;
}

.small-text {
  font-size: 0.85rem;
}

.calories-info {
  display: flex;
  justify-content: space-between;
  align-items: flex-end;
}

.calories-info h2 {
  margin: 0;
}

.left-container p {
  margin: -5px -2px;
  font-size: 2em;
  font-weight: 700;
}

.calories-info span {
  margin: -7px -2px;
  font-size: 2.4em;
  font-weight: 700;
}

.right {
  justify-content: flex-end;
}

.indent {
  margin-left: 1em;
}

.daily-value p:not(.no-divider) {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #888989;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/112.0.1722.68

Challenge: Learn Typography by Building a Nutrition Label - Step 51

Link to the challenge:

If a span starts inside a p element then shouldn’t it end inside a p element?

I did just change that, but sadly still the same thing. Thank you though!

You must always show us what changes you made by pasting your updated code in here.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

Try resetting the challenge and using the same code you have now with the span inside the paragraph. It wasn’t working for me either when I tried your code, but after resetting the challenge it now passes for me

Well, I haven’t changed anything cause I haven’t found a solution yet, I now keep getting told " You should create a new div at the end of your .daily-value element." And I’ve tried most common solutions as adding and closing on the same line right after or on the next line after. I’ve also tried resetting the lesson but no luck sadly

Your initial HTML was very close, you just had the closing </span> and </p> tags switched.

But I also noticed one other thing. You added a closing </div> after the first p element in the .daily-value div. You want to make sure you don’t make any extra changes you aren’t asked to make. Even one small unexpected change can cause the tests to fail.

Anyhoo, if you are still having problems passing this test then you’ll need to paste your updated HTML in here so we can see what you did.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.