Learning super slowly

Hi, folks! New to forums and delighted to be here!

I’m excited to get going on learning web development after arriving at the refreshing conclusion that I need to learn all of this because it’s fun! Previously, I put way too much pressure on myself to learn to code so that I could get a dev job. Considering I knew NOTHING about computer science, that was a ton of pressure to put on my self.

Now, I’m taking it nice and slow. I’m treating this as something I’m willing to make time for (balanced along with my PhD and my work as a Community Manager) but that will also take a long time to master. It’s made a huge difference in my feelings towards the learning process. Have to say, the incredible guides on FreeCodeCamp definitely help this all to feel more fun.

Anyway, looking forward to posting more regularly and making some friends while I learn!

-Mohamed

8 Likes

Hi, welcome I’m also new here and so far everyone here is very helpful if your stuck…
Happy coding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah I was exploring the responses across topics and I’m really encouraged by how helpful and supportive folks are to each other on here.

Hey Mohamed,

glad you like FCC and happy to have you here. :wave:

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hi, fellow traveler. Don’t put up pressure upon yourself, go at your own pace. In my opinion learning computer-related things is mostly “falling forward”.

“There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.”
See you around. : )

3 Likes

Thank you, friend. Couldn’t agree more!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.