Learning techniques people are using?

Learning techniques people are using?
0.0 0

'wanted to ask all you campers: what are the learning techniques you’re using that has served you well. There is so much to ingest,digest and regurgitate that it becomes overwhelming.

For me, practice is the only thing that works. I can read until my head is spinning but nothing makes the knowledge stick like just putting in hours coding. After a while, it becomes second nature and I don’t have to think about it. At one time I thought I could cram info into my brain and shortcut that way, but it doesn’t work (for me anyway, maybe for someone smarter or with a better memory). There’s no replacement for getting in there and hacking and making mistakes.

If you’re looking for plain study tips, when I do study, I use flash cards. I don’t study programming much though…it takes me forever to get through programming books because I stop and apply every example I can and try to internalize it…that means writing code.

Typing “learning techniques” into the forum search yielded the following results.

Typing “learning to code” into the forum search yields the following.

In general, most questions you have, there is a good chance someone else has already asked before. Try to do a forum search first before asking next time. If you don’t find what you are looking for, then definitely ask a much more specific question to get very specific responses.