Learning to code not for a Job, but to convert ideas in to Products (to be a maker). Your suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

I am Akshay Ranjith, I have been trying to learn programming for the last one year. Currently I own a private label brand in amazon.
I am seeing this current phase of my life as a stepping zone to my career into the tech start-up world.
My dream is to start a startup in the tech domain. I have been trying for that for the last one year. I have been able to automate few of my business tasks and build a chatbot for my website (yet to deploy),

There are a lot of resources on going from a newbie to getting a job as a software engineer but quite less on developing skills needed being a founder or more precisely a Maker

From what I understand from my journey till now is that Machine learning has a immense potential for solving hard problems in future, and I would like to be a part of it. But how do I proceed in developing my skills, since to build a minimum viable product you might need to have a knowledge of web development too right ?

or should I focus on using machine learning with embedded devices.

There are lot of ways to start which all lead to very different direction, my fear is that I don’t want to end up not knowing anything in depth.
Also since I am managing a business, I am only able to put 2 hours per day into the learning, one weekends I try to put around 4 hours.

If you have any suggestions, please do share.

1 Like

Machine Learning, if you want to go deep, is applied statistics. Depending on what you want to accomplish, some Maths may be needed

If you want to start somewhere, fcc has a certificate on Machine Learning with Python

1 Like