Learning Typeography

The below screen shots are the directions and the error it continues to give me. Its line 46. I have tried everything i can to only having my P element with a class attribute set to no-divider and it still shows that error. I don’t understand.

Please post you actual code and a link to the step. Please do not post pictures of code. thanks

please post a link to the challenge.
The hint says you need a class attribute, correct?
Did you try adding that?

Sorry about that, this is my first time asking a question.

<p class="no-divider">Potassium 235mg <span>6%</span></P>

this line of code worked for me.
Maybe you are placing it in the wrong spot?
(I would have to see all the code together to judge)

yes, its very frustrating for me right now, as i have tried everything. but this is the whole section of code i have, and it also looks exactly like the finished product. That’s all my code in the .daily-value section where it is supposed to end.

<div class="daily-value small-text">
      <p class="bold right no-divider">% Daily Value *</p>
      <div class="divider"></div>
      <p><span><span class="bold">Total Fat</span> 8g</span> <span class="bold">10%</span></p>
      <p class="indent no-divider">Saturated Fat 1g <span class="bold">5%</span></p>
      <p class="indent no-divider"><span><i>Trans</i> Fat 0g</span></p>
      <p><span><span class="bold">Cholesterol</span> 0mg</span> <span class="bold">0%</span></p>
      <p><span><span class="bold">Sodium</span> 160mg</span> <span class="bold">7%</span></p>
      <p><span><span class="bold">Total Carbohydrate</span> 37g</span> <span class="bold">13%</span></p>
      <p class="indent no-divider">Dietary Fiber 4g</p>
      <p class="indent no-divider">Total Sugars 12g</p>
      <div class="divider double-indent"></div>
      <p class="double-indent no-divider">Includes 10g Added Sugars <span class="bold">20%</span>
      <p class="no-divider"><span class="bold">Protein</span> 3g</p>
      <p class="no-divider">Potassium 235mg <span>6%</span></P>
      <div class="divider large"></div>
      <p>Vitamin D 2mcg <span>10%</span></p>
      <p>Calcium 260mg <span>20%</span></p>
      <p>Iron 8mg <span>45%</span></p>
    </div>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

yup that’s definitely the wrong place.
How did you decide to add the new code in this spot?

Thank you so much for the help with making a easier post to read.

The directions said, the final P element of the .daily-values section, so I put it at the end of the .daily values section. I don’t understand how its in the wrong spot, when I look at the preview of what it should look like, its in the exact spot.

what you’re saying is correct but what you did does not match your words.

There are 4 lines of code following your new Potassium line.
So you actually placed it 4 elements from the bottom of the .daily-value.small-text container?

1 Like

You are right. I also thought I was viewing the finished product on the preview but I was really looking at my own code. I now understand. I thought that the bold border under Protein was the end of the .daily-values section. thank you for your time in helping me with better posting rules and this simple help I needed. I was beyond frustrated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.