I’ve tried using Safari, Chrome and Firefox to do the lessons but the screen gets blank whenever I click on a lesson. I can login and I am typing this on the iPad so it’s not my iPad. Can this be looked at? Or is this expected behaviour?
Try clearing your cache please, and let us know how it goes
i’ve tried clearing cache but still the same. what happens is it loads and i can the lesson for a split second, and then the browser turns blank. if i refresh the browser, it loads again and shows me the page for a split second, and then blank.
Would you mind sharing more information. Specifically:
- Your user-agent (type in a search engine “My User Agent”, and paste it here)
- Which lessons you experience this with (all of them?)
- If this is a new issue, or this is the first time you are trying the curriculum? That is, have you been able to complete lessons in the past?
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15
- I experience this for all lessons using the iPad
- It works on my laptop and my Android phone. A bit glitchy when typing code on the phone, but I can access the lessons. I can only get to the curriculum summary on iPad then it goes blank when I try to access the lessons.
Thank you, for providing all of that.
I can confirm that I too am able to reproduce this on:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 10_3_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebkit/603.3.8 (KHYML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14G61 Safari/602.1
Unfortunately, things on mobile iOS are notoriously difficult to debug (web-wise). So, I can recommend you continue on another device, if able.
If you are using a mobile device, the default keyboard does not always play well with the freeCodeCamp editor. I recommend you read the article on using a mobile device to view some tips - most importantly, check out the coding keyboards listed as they interface with the editor well.
I will open an issue on the main repository about this incompatibility. Unfortunately, I suspect this will be a no-fix, because, realistically, we cannot support 100% of browsers. But, maybe this could be a simple fix.
thanks for looking into this and for raising the issue. hopefully a fix soon.
also thanks for the tips on using freeCodeCamp on mobile. much appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.