Let's knock our heads together learning algorithms!

I’m up to Basic Algorithm Scripting and it’s super hard. I’m looking for someone/ppl for pair/group programming (Google Docs, PiratePad, etc.)

• Virtual chat (preferably Hangout, but Skype or another program)
  • Flexible schedule
    I’m in NY
    Thanks!

Hey, I’m looking to practice my pair programming skills so I’d be down to go through the algorithms with you.

1 Like

That’s great! It’s all so exciting. When would you like to have an initial video chat?

I’m usually free most days after 5pm when I get off work, what’s your schedule like? @bellemcky

Same. Let’s aim for tomorrow evening at 8 pm? I’m on the East Coast btw. Are you?

My bad @bellemcky, I forgot to check to see if you responded. For some reason I’m not getting any email notifications. Perhaps try mentioning my username in your reply so I get an email notification in case I don’t check right away. To answer your question, yes I’m East Coast.

Hi there! Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to try that next time. :slight_smile:

If you’re still interested we can work something out. I’d love to start on "Factorialize a Number Incomplete " in Basic Algorithm Scripting. My brain refuses to continue with this and two others. Lol

Are you free tonight, around let’s say, 9 pm? @lawmbass?

Le sigh

So hard, getting folks together. :frowning:

I’ve got a really fun way of completing the factorial challenge… One liner and everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure that works, I’ll PM you.

I’m past that, but just want to say, don’t let how hard it is get to you. There were a lot of times where I wanted to pull my hair out because I didn’t get how to solve the algorithms and sometimes didn’t even understand what was being asked of me. But navigating how to figure out what it is you need to solve and learning how to solve it gives you such a deeper understanding. I’m hella thankful for it.

2 Likes