Linux question/help

Hi, I’m new to coding. I have a question. Where can I find to download Linux maybe a website? I just don’t want to mess up my laptop. Thank you.

There are a lot of distributions, but Ubuntu, Manjaro, Pop!_OS are possibly the easiest in terms of providing the easiest install followed by out of the box usability. This is kind of a religious thing, so you’ll get differing advice: there are tens of perfectly usable Linux distributions available (and hundreds of variations on these). The instructions should all explain how to run an installation temporarily (ie from a flash drive) so you can try it out.

If you’re only interested in it from a command-line perspective, can just install via WSL2, don’t need to do any of the above

1 Like

Hope you’re a beginner to Linux. I would recommend Ubuntu for beginners. You can download Ubuntu OS from their official site.

There are plenty of videos available on YouTube describing the steps to follow to set up Ubuntu on your machine. Search for “install ubuntu on laptop” on YouTube and follow the instructions.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.