London study group - introduce yourself!

Hi Mike, good luck on the second attempt! We have a meetup on Tuesday if you can make it, so hopefully see you there :slight_smile:

Very good morning to all.

A couple of years ago I graduated from university, computer science, however, I haven’t worked in the field since, this due to personal reasons.
I recently discovered this amazing website after watching a video on the YouTube channel.
For now, I’m interested in learning first FrontEnd development and then move along accordingly. For now, I am working part-time so I have plenty of time to study, even though we’re in summer.

So far my curriculum progress is at ‘Applied Visual Design’.

Anyway, if anyone wants to team up and study together, motivates each other and help each other in this journey, send me a private message and we will take from there.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

1 Like

Hi Eos, welcome and good luck! Hope you can join us at a meetup soon. And if you’re looking to set up a smaller study group, consider posting in the #study-groups channel of our Slack group!

Hi all,

I am Amadeu, I am currently living in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I am a native System Administrator and have been working in the IT industry since my 18s. I always worked with Network, System Administration and Cyber Security related subjects, in 2015 I started a journey in the cryptocurrency industry and in 2017 I started managing a team of blockchain developers and I realized that I needed to learn some coding even an intermediate level of JavaScript and Python would make me happy to understand the bunch of API integration we do. I am here to become a full stack developer and ready to learn from the community I have defined my learning path as follow:

*** HTML**

*** CSS**

*** JavaScript**

*** Database(SQL, MongoDB etc)**

*** Frameworks**

*** Python**

*** Java**

And I am looking forward to have your support. By the way I am 32, and I have couple of motivating histories of people here learning coding at 45 plus years old which I believe there is no really the right age to learn.

Glad to be here.

1 Like

Awesome Maria :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I am new in fcc. worked in HPE and DXC technology as System engineer and wanted to move to development project. I have core java , js, html css , sql, linux knowledge. Please help me to do java based project.

Hi everyone,
My name is Rajesh and I have been working as UI Engineer for the past 6 years.
My tech stack includes: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, ReactJS and Designing.
I started learning NodeJS and React Native.
It is good to see people with different skills.
You can find @
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-t-uiux3dgeneralist/

Hi there my names Jamie, I’m 25 and I work full time as a ceiling fixer around the south of the UK and have been for 7 years.

I have never known what I have truly wanted to do with my life in terms of work or profession, and I have always been worried that I’ll never get to flex my abilities to get the most out of life, and help others do so to. I have settled for what I currently know best and that is secure. (And that pays the bills)

When I found FCC it was almost like someone had turned on the metaphorical light I’ve been trying to find the switch for for all these years! I can now literally make stuff, get stuck into projects and do new awesome things everyday. I am telling all my friends and family about what I’m learning and achieving, but I think they may switch off when I start talking nowadays haha.

I have always struggled to fit in and found myself a bit of a “sheep” when at school and college, thus leading to terrible decisions through growing up and not really using my energy for good. I used to get Into trouble and waste all my time doing stupid stuff growing up.

Recently (the last 8 months) I have used every waking second of my free time to learn coding, read books, spend time with my family (my 18th birthday party was in a pub with all the family present, and i decided not to turn up. Mum was heart broken)(I have since treated my mum with ultimate respect and made up for being a doughnut), focusing on bettering myself in every aspect of my life and getting involved in productive activities. (Mainly on my own)

I am now really wanting to meet some new friends within the tech space, keep my knowledge growing and just be around nice friendly people who i can get along with, talk about coding, go for coffee, talk websites and so on. It would be great to pass on any knowledge I have that will benefit others too. (I don’t know a lot but a little can go a long way) (I can fix holes in ceilings and walls pretty well to;)

Anyway sorry for the long and boring post, it feels great to have got this out and thank you if you made it this far!

Have a great day.

2 Likes

Hi Jamie, definitely not a boring post at all! It’s great to hear how much fun you’re having learning to code. Hope to see you at a meetup soon :slight_smile:

Hi, i’m pvpizza :slight_smile:

I am an IT lecturer who has been teaching computing at college and uni level for the last 10 years. I deal mainly in programming with an emphasis on Java

I am looking to transition from my role to a software development role. I was quite surprised by how much more I needed to learn to be competitive considering I don’t have any industry experience.

So I’m back to square one brushing up on Java, learning spring and trying to find a junior/entry role

Found this great community where I’m hoping to learn more and work on my web skills as well

Wishing you all well

2 Likes

Hi, i’m vincent

I am a computer operator who only type and print for customers, i just finished secondary school waiting for my admission to a university.

I love typing and computer games, but i really want to learn java with coding. I’ve looked for teachers but to no avail till i found this website.

I have not done this before any of them both java, coding and so on.

thank you for accepting me into your community.

1 Like

I came to London from India 4 years ago.
I am trying to equip myself to do a career switch to IT. I was Self-Studying Java for last 8-9 months while working full time. While Java is still under progress, I have come here to learn HTML, CSS and JS.

2 Likes

You will definitely find this place useful for your career. All the Best.

Keep Going.
Me too self-studying besides full time job.
Freecodecamp really inspired me, it is the best place ever, to learn many things that boosts our career
and people here are really awesome, helping each other.
All the Best.

1 Like

The main thing is not to stop there. You always have to try something new!

Hi, I am sujon.I am totally a new.I want to be full stack developer.I need a full guide line to follow.Right now I am learning js.plz any suggestion would be appreciated …Tia.

1 Like

Hello, everybody! My name is Jenifer and I’m from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I’ve been working in IT for the past 19 years, firstly as a ASP.NET web developer (VB.NET), then as a Business Analyst, and finally decided to go back to coding. I’ve been out of the development area since 2013, so right now I’m catching up with everything that was released since then (OMG so much stuff) while planning my move to London. I’m currently in the city so I hope to see you all in the October meetup.

1 Like

I am a full-stack software engineer, with more than 10 years of coding journey. Experienced in software, web and mobile application development, deployment and maintenance. I am successfully running my private software, web and mobile app development firm from the last few years.

Hey all, my name is Paul,

I am currently transitioning from audio engineer to web developer. I have completed the FCC curriculum and, as a hobby, have been dabbling in web development for quite some time.

Around May this year I decided that I hate working in the music industry and the one consistent in my life - regarding career/hobbies - has always been coding, so I decided to pursue it as a career.

Since then I am happy to say I am edging closer to my goal and have started getting clients etc.

I’ve only been to one of the meetups so far - work is demanding in the winter and I can’t quit yet - but hope to see you all at the October one!

tks for your share, c’mon up