Looking for feedback for my Tribute Page project

CodePen Link

I’m looking for some feedback on this Tribute Page. Mostly on the CSS part since I’m trying to better understand flexbox but I welcome any feedback since I don’t know if what I’m doing yet is “the right way” to do things.

Thanks.

Hello marios96!

I am as you at the early stages of html developing, thus, I don’t really have any technical advice to give. But I would add some other photo for the Later in Life part, to make it more dynamic.

Anyways, great work and best hopes!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot. It’s true, I thought something was missing. I’ll try adding some more pictures and then move on to the next project.

I hope you make it :slight_smile: You keep working as well.

Welcome to the forums @marios96. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Your page isn’t quite displaying the way you’ve intended. Or maybe it is and you’re using incorrect elements. I’m referring to the use of <hr>
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there’s something to clean up.

Thanks a lot. A lot of useful tips here. I did include the test script when I submitted it I just didn’t like looking at the buttons that the script added so I added it at the end :sweat_smile:

The W3C validator seems very helpful. I run some html there as well as some CSS I wanted to check and it gives very useful tips. Also I am still getting used to codepen so thanks for those tips as well. Just in case you see this and have the time I have one more question. I used the <hr> tag to separate parts of my paragraph, I guess this is not the case? Do I just need to add the things I want separated into a different <p> tag and just adjust the margins in CSS?