Looking for friends/mentors to help keep me focused

Hello everyone,
I just recently started coding and I am enjoying it so far. However, I can get distracted quite easily and can get frustrated with myself. I was thinking if I surrounded myself with other coders I will have a better chance at staying on track. I was wondering if any of you would be a mentor type or even just a friend I can have to help me stay focused and give me some guidance. Thank you.

I canā€™t commit to consistently being there but you can always check in if you want some encouragement! In the meantime I suggest you read the book ā€œDeep Workā€ by Cal Newport and train yourself to get less distracted by phones etcā€¦ It was an absolute game changer for me. Iā€™m also finding the app ā€˜forestā€™ on my phone handy to discourage me from ever checking in with my phone when I am learning to code. Also, I keep reading, donā€™t expect to be able to do more than about 4 hours really productive work max in a day anyway. Good luck!

1 Like

You also can try joining one of FCC cohorts (https://forum.freecodecamp.com/t/part-3-seeking-eager-campers-to-join-fcc-cohort/55393)

Thanks for the book suggestion!!