Looking for Help to complete TWITCH TV project

Dear Campers,

I have been working on the twitch API project since last month.
I have been stuck in some problems. They are:

*How can I add a header to an async await request. shall I join it to the API URL??

*To make a request I need channels _Id but I have channel name only. I read the developer docs but all the examples were demonstrated with Channel_Id which I don’t have.

Please, can anyone guide?

Thanks in advance.

Here is my Pen.

Many Thanks for the advices again.
@TomerPacific i will try my best to rectify these.
It’s wonderful getting feedback n advices.

This is the first time i discussed with anyone while learning online otherwise i just always did them by reading answers for other people querries.

One more question is (sorry for asking too many questions, maybe this is last one ). I have been reading on the forums about some issues in Twitch.tv project.
So, shall I work on it or can skip it?
Please guide.

@Abd.Qadir,
I think that you learn something from every project here, so I would definitely recommend doing it.
Regarding the twitch project, a simple search on this forum will grant you a plethora of advice on how you can finish the project successfully.

Good luck

@TomerPacific

Thanks much
I have started it.

will reach you if I get stuck.

:+1::+1::+1:

Hi @TomerPacific It has been almost a month.
Due to my procrastination habit, I have still not been able to complete the project.

Disturbing you again for some silly problems. They are:

*How can I add a header to an async await request. shall I join it to the API URL??

*To make a request I need channels _Id but I have channel name only. I read the developer docs but all the examples were demonstrated with Channel_Id which I don’t have. Please guide.

Here is my Pen

My pen in Codpen

sorry i forgot to add the link

@camperextraordinaire Thanks.

But I have not received any help yet.:slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

Seriously Guys.

I am stuck in this and have no clue to proceed further.

Please anyone give me a hint what to do with my code now.

Thanks a lot @camperextraordinaire

Yes, I got that Client_ID by creating an account on Twitch. I will use the alternate glitch.me endpoint now without any header.

I was about to comment that line.
My first mission was to bring the response to the console. Then I would put the data from the response as the argument for the streamerDisplaySetup function.

Thanks again :+1::+1:

Hi @camperextraordinaire @TomerPacific

Big Thanks to you all.

I completed my Twitch project today after a very long time. I know It took me very long but I also believe every person has his own learning speed. Mine is slower :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: maybe.
Actually, when I got stuck with problems of this project badly, I paused working on it and moved on to Intermediate Algorithm Scripting.

However, I am very happy to see my achievement.

Here is my pen for your review.

Also (If you dont mind) Please advise me what tactics can I adopt to learn and complete project faster that this.

@camperextraordinaire

Any feedback/criticism, please. :roll_eyes: