We are looking for team mates from Free Code Camp to join the CS50 Puzzle Challenge. Puzzles will not require prior programming experience, just logic and smarts. All you’ll need is a computer with Internet access, a pen or pencil, and scratch paper.
If you are curious about what kind of puzzles we are talking about, here is the CS50x Puzzle Day 2016 Solutions.
CS50x PUZZLE DAY 2017
Solve a packet of problems!
Open to CS50 students around the world (and friends). Team of size 2, 3, or 4 encouraged but not required. You can collaborate with your team in person or online. Event itself is online.
HOW IT WORKS
- After registering, your team will download a packet of puzzles (written by our friends at Facebook) anytime on or after Friday, 31 March 2017.
- Your team will then have until the end of Monday, 3 April 2017 (in your own time zone), to solve as many puzzles as you can. You’ll submit your answers online.
- Your team is welcome to work on the puzzles online or in person (by yourselves or alongside other teams).
- A few days after Monday, 3 April 2017, we’ll release some postmortems on video in which we explain the (correct!) answers.
- Prizes will be awarded pseudorandomly to (a few) teams who answer the most questions correctly.
- All teams will be featured on a Big Board that announces how many puzzles each team got right.
Every member of your team should register here anytime before 23:59 on Monday, 3 April 2017. Invite friends. You’ll be asked who your teammates were when you submit your solutions.
See this article for last year’s results (and sample puzzles).