<main> should come before <p>

Keeps saying that <main> should come before <p> but it is!
I even ditched my CatApp code and copy+pasted the example code

**Your code so far**

<main> 
<h1>Hello World</h1>
<p>Hello Paragraph</p>
</main>

Error message, “The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag.”

Even copy and paste the example code and still get the same error.
Maybe the code checker has a different definition of “before” than I’m used to?

Can anyone help?

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.101 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Introduction to HTML5 Elements

Link to the challenge:

Can you provide us with the text message that you get from the tests output?

@ewansmart Your code is fine. It’s just browser’s compatibility issue. Why don’t you try in another browser. If still says same, then consult to forum support.

The sample code will not get the tests to pass as it does not contain the elements needed to pass the tests.

In the future, click the Ask for Help button to ask a question as this will include the code you’ve written.
If you’ve done that and that is indeed your code then it’s best to reset the lesson and start over. Be sure and follow the instructions carefully, creating a new p element with the text provided. Then wrap just the two p elements in the main element.

If you need to show your current code
When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.