Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Tell us what’s happening:

When attempting to submit the answer the page keeps telling me that I failed to delivered what was asked, but I just copied the template and added the author to the package.json . Can someone please point out what I am missing?

###Your project link(s)

solution: https://luiznetto-fccnodebacken-1ulvfkn6ir3.ws-us114.gitpod.io/

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/125.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

For this challenge, try to submit the URL that’s present in the simple browser. Although the URL for your project and the browser version are similar; the challenge code can only read the challenge data if it’s actually running.

@a2937 thank you for the quick reply and for trying to help me. I think I understand what you are saying. I tried to run the server using the script and then share the URL, but I that didn’t change anything. I also tried to run locally, and share the running address of the server but that didn’t work neither. Maybe I am missing something, is there some tool to share the terminal running the server in gitpod or should I get an cloud machine to run it for me and then share the URL?

There’s two Gitpod URLs associated with your project.

The first one is the url to your project source. The challenge can’t test this one.

The second url is the url to a live instance of your running code. The challenge needs this one to see if you’re following directions.

@a2937 Thank you once again for your kind and quick answer. I was able to figure it out. As you mentioned I was supposed to feed back to FCC the URL running the preview, but for some reason I was not able to get it started. I then changed the .gitpod.yml and added the following lines enabling it by default so than I don’t have to keep looking. thank you once again for all your suppor I could not make it without you.