Many 'Basic Node and Express' tests don't work

Getting super frustrated trying to get through these challenges. I’ve spent almost all my time on this just trying to find silly ways to pass the tests even though I have no problem getting my code to what it’s supposed to do, i.e. - the manual tests pass.

Multiple lessons required me to use very specific syntax despite the outcome being the same. I had to use Repl.it instead of Glitch for the ’ Use the .env File’ lesson, and I can’t pass the ’ Implement a Root-Level Request Logger Middleware’ lesson using either Repl.it or Glitch. I’ve tried both my own code and copied/pasted other peoples’ code that they said works. I may be wrong, but there seems to be some larger issue with the tests that makes it extremely difficult to pass them.

1 Like

Hello there,

We are aware of many of the issues with these challenges, and have been looking into fixing them. However, it could be beneficial to see your code, and see if anything can be done in your case.

Would you mind sharing a link to your code, as well as what specifically is causing you trouble?

Sure thing, thanks for being willing to take a look. Here’s the Repl.it link.

Thank you, for posting that. Your code passes the challenges for me, though. Ensure Repl.it has the live preview up-and-running, before submitting the link.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.