Markdown Previewer Feedback

Does anyone have any feedback they’d like to share?

Hi @Whizgig, your previewer looks good. Nice job. I have a bunch of README.md files in GitHub so I’m familiar with their previewer. I also use Brackets and have a markdown extension so that I can ensure my .md files look good prior to commit.
That all said, there are a couple of things I want to comment on;

• Bold text is not showing up. I believe this is because when you imported your font you only selected regular. Go back to Google Fonts and when you select your font it will give you the link. All well and good so far but what you then need to do is click on the ‘customize’ link (next to ‘embed’) and there click the bold checkbox also. Click the ‘embed’ link and put the new link in your page. (Notice it now has weights for 400 & 700). Btw, I did this too with a page I was working on and asked a question about why I wasn’t seeing the font output the way I expected here in the forums and it was explained to me. Here’s the link to my post which includes a quick video the responder made showing how to do what I just explained.
  • choose a different background when a code block is used. Also highlight it so it looks like the code used. Though as I type this I realize I should look at the requirements, this may be optional or something that has to be enabled. I’m just going by other previewers I’ve seen.
    This is an example of what I mean;
* Example of a runtime error - often detected while the program executes:  
      ```javascript
      function loopy() {
        while(true) {
        console.log("Hello, world!");
        }
      }
      // Calling loopy starts an infinite loop, which may crash your browser
      ```

1 Like

Whoa! Thanks so much for this thoughtful reply. I’ll go back and fix it.

1 Like