Merge Party - TypeScript

Hello all,

We are hosting the

:tada: TypeScript Merge Party :tada:

When: 2021-06-25T14:00:00Z2021-06-25T15:35:00Z
Where: On the day, a link to the Google Meets will be posted here.

Note: If you need to dial in with a phone, please let us know in the comments and a staff member or moderator will DM you the details.

Here is what you need:

1. A working headphone :headphones: (with a mic :studio_microphone:).
  2. Camera :video_camera:. Optional - We would love to see you, though!
  3. Something to stay hydrated :slight_smile:

Here is the agenda for the meeting:

• Some of us from the team will be going through the pull requests targeting the TypeScript migration and merging them.
  • We will be hanging out with you all just chilling :partying_face: and listen to your feedback, thoughts & ideas.

:arrow_right: You are encouraged to join, regardless of your interest, if you have time. :arrow_left:

Here is the GitHub issue for more information: https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/issues/42256

If you have any questions, reach out to us.

6 Likes

Count me in. Who brings the :pizza: though ??

Why 95 minutes exactly?
I may be in, just to hung out, even if I have not partecipated in anything and don’t even know TypeScript

@raisedadead I imagine that’s not included

2 Likes

Because I knew it would cause people to look twice :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

@QuincyLarson has promised to bring the :pizza: - (This is definitely not a joke. I am serious.)

2 Likes

I can’t imagine logistic issues… unless he will just eat pizza during the call

3 Likes

I’ll take 3 large Hawaiian pizzas please :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pizza is gonna be there? Better be pepperoni :laughing:

3 Likes

Perfect, I’ll take one margherita pizza please :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m interested to join, I don’t know Type script so I will not participate. I love this idea! So see you at the PARTYYYYYY :laughing: :dancer: :tada: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Great. Looking forward to this. Can the time be adjusted to a time that works for those in timezones that are like UTC{<=-3} as that would be too early?

Hi @micah_gabriel

Thanks for your interest. The party will be for 95 minutes and you can hop in / hop off any time you want between the call.

While we would love to accommodate everyone we can, unfortunately, time zones are really hard and changing it will be just inconvenient for someone else. :frowning:

We appreciate your understanding of this. Regardless of you being able to join, we value your contributions very much. Cheers.

1 Like

where is the link to join :stuck_out_tongue: nevermind saw that its tomorrow

I don’t know about having pizza that early in the morning :laughing:

Looking forward to tomorrow! :grinning:

2 Likes

To all watching this thread,

The OP has been updated, and now contains the link to the Google Meets Party!

Do not click on it, until the meeting time, otherwise you will find nothing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

a pre-party? LoL
We will see in 4 hours

We have started. Join us here: [redacted]

It’s early in the evening here! :sleepy:

Thank you, to all who were able to attend the merge party :partying_face: . Also, thank you to those who contributed PRs :muscle:

We enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time, and hope to see you again in the next one!

There are still many files in the original issue which can be refactored to TypeScript, and we welcome you to @ us with a selection of file/s you want to do :smiley:

Happy coding

3 Likes