Merging duplicate accounts? maybe?

I started on FCC a while back with the username micqey and I can still sign in there, but for some reason when I came back to FCC recently I entered a different email and it sent me a login link anyway…

Now I have an account with a normal username ‘micqey’ and another account with tons of new progress with some strange key string for a username like fcc2976d300-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-e234567890ert

is there a way to merge the progress from these two accounts?

:frowning:

here’s the actual username of what I can only assume was some kind of auto-generated account : fcc2976d300-63f9-4f87-8144-e14780076cf2

Since you entered a different email address, it just went ahead and created a new account for you. The username is obviously random, but you could set it if you want to keep that account. You have a couple options. You can delete your accidentally-created account and just log into your old one with the correct email address or you can email team@freecodecamp.org with the details of your accounts. If you choose to ask Quincy to merge them, please be patient. He’s drowning in email right now.

1 Like