Microservices timestap project; Empty string

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m stuck at the last two tests where I need to return the current time in response to a an empty date string.
As far as I understand, my code is producing the current time object as asked by the tests. I really don’t know what the problem could be.
Please have a look. Greatly appreciate any input.

Your project link(s)

solution: https://replit.com/@alirezaghey/fcctimestamp
githubLink: GitHub - alirezaghey/fcc.timestamp: a small node/express based api that returns time based on input

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36 OPR/77.0.4054.60

Challenge: Timestamp Microservice

Link to the challenge:

Just here to bump this up. Really appreciate if someone could look into this.
Thanks a lot.

Hello there,

When I submit your project, the tests all pass. If it is still failing some for you, then it could have something to do with your computer’s clock (time) - that is, when you browser sets the time, it is not what it should be.

Hope this helps

1 Like

This was something I suspected. Thanks for testing this. It was really bugging me for a few days now.
What do you think I can do/should do to correct this? I’m on an Ubuntu focal and here are my time settings:

The time zone corresponds to my actual current location. The only thing that I can think of messing with my browser’s time is that my IP is US.
What can I do to solve this? Thanks.

I am not too sure. The most sure-fire way to find out exactly what is going on would be to develop freeCodeCamp locally, run the tests from there, and confirm whether you pass or not.

Otherwise, yes, I would try changing my browser timezone - typically, servers cope well with UTC time or GMT+0.

Unfortunately, I cannot test any more for you.

I did it locally. Ran a local server for my solution and made it public through ngrok but the tests still didn’t pass.
If you mean to run freecodecamp locally and then test, this won’t work because it’s not a challenge. Project tests, AFAIK, are not in the public repo.

Thank you for your time. I’m going to read up on browser time and may find something online based on the info you gave me.

Everything is in the public repo - entirely open source.