Minor confusion with the splice() method

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi, the lesson I’m linking to and the prior one both say that the splice() method can “take up to” 3 parameters, but strictly speaking, it can take as many parameters as items I might want to add to an array.

Sorry if I’m being too nitpicky on this, I’m a total newb!

Your code so far

function htmlColorNames(arr) {
// Only change code below this line

// Only change code above this line
return arr;
}

console.log(htmlColorNames(['DarkGoldenRod', 'WhiteSmoke', 'LavenderBlush', 'PaleTurquoise', 'FireBrick']));

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Add Items Using splice()

Link to the challenge:

Hi @LeoSchy. Welcome to FCC.

It appears that has been clarified in a statement towards the end.

Note that there can be any number of elements (separated by commas) following amountToDelete , each of which gets inserted.

I believe someone was just trying to introduce the method gently to total noobs. You can open an issue after reading contribution guidelines to see what other contributors think about it. Though I am not a native English speaker, the statement appears to mean “the method takes a maximum of three arguments” which is not technically accurate.

Thank you! Also not a native English speaker, which might have added to the initial confusion. I don’t mind it staying the way it is, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply!