[Mistake?] Learn CSS Grid by Building a Magazine - Step 65

I think I may have discovered a small mistake in the “Learn CSS Grid by Building a Magazine” project.

In Step 65, it says:

Now it’s time to style your second section. Note that it has the text and text-with-images values for the class attribute, which means it is already inheriting the styles from your .text rule.

Create a .text-with-images selector and set the display property to grid.

I believe it should say "Now it’s time to style your THIRD ‘section’.

In this project there are three sections, i.e.

1. section class=“heading”
  2. section class=“text”
  3. section class=“text text-with-images”

First off, the “second” section in the HTML only has the class “text” and doesn’t have the class “text-with-images”, and given the overall context, it seems almost certain the instruction is telling the user to style the “third” section.

I just wanted to flag this to the community/moderators to see if this is indeed the case and can be corrected, thanks in advance and apologies if I’m the one reading this wrong. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Thanks for contributing to the correctness of the curriculum. Can you post a link to the exercise for reference?

1 Like

Absolutely, and thank you for your attention.

Here it is:

Step 65 of Magazine Project

1 Like

you are right, it seems it should be the third section

Would you be able to open an issue yourself?

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

1 Like

Hi ilenia,

Thank you, I can open the issue myself on GitHub. I’ve never used it before but I’ll try to figure it out. If I have any problems I’ll ask here. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have opened an issue for this on GitHub, the link is as follows:

Link to issue on GitHub

On a separate note, I just noticed in the issue I opened on GitHub, under “Label” it says “type: bug”. Sorry it was my first time using GitHub and not sure if it’s correct to call this a bug. It was automatically tagged that way.

Hope that is okay, thanks again everyone.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it. But pls look back in it occasionally in case there is any followup questions. (Probably best to include a link to this topic here too as a reference).

Thanks hbar1st,

I’ll make sure to check the issue on GitHub from time to time to see if there’s any follow up.

In the issue I opened on GitHub, I did provide a link to this forum topic for easy reference. Thanks again.

that’s great thanks. I meant earlier to provide a link to this topic here (the forum one).
This way the discussion is available as well for reference.

It’s there!  

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.