MongoDB and Mongoose - version in package.json

I just included the password that i got from cloud.mongo.com, but its still not working. { Error: Cannot find module ‘mongoose’
what did you mean when you said delete the node modules folder? where is a folder titled ‘node modules?’

npm ERR! code ETARGET
npm ERR! notarget No matching version found for mongodb@^3.4.13
npm ERR! notarget In most cases you or one of your dependencies are requesting
npm ERR! notarget a package version that doesn’t exist.
npm ERR! notarget
npm ERR! notarget It was specified as a dependency of ‘fcc-mongo-mongoose-challenges’

It should work fine now that you run npm install

still errors in console. still not passing the challenge…
what did you attempt to do?

unfortunately still not passing. what should we do?

its not happy about this line:
import MONGO_URI from '.env'

I tried to follow your advise… but it does not work

this challenge is frustrating, I believe the instructions are incomplete. they do not specify what needs to be done, I found a thread on freecodecamp and im trying out some of the things:
I changed :
"mongoose": "*", "mongodb": "*"

I also changed some other things around… I found this on another thread, this user claims you cannot have a $ in your password:

iarobinson

Jul '18

I had a problem in that my password used a key that wasn’t supported in the .env file. That character was one of these = !@#$%^&*()

do you think this is the problem?

It is very frustrating at times.

Which challenge is it ?

the one were talking about right now, the first challenge set up mongoose and mongo or whatever its called

Can you try to give it a very simple password instead of those characters?

ok how do I reset it do I have to go back to the cluster gui ? what do I do to reset it? I followed these instructions, they are incomplete:

Before trying to reset it, check again if you still have errors.

I have put the URI in the api file and it seems to run it now.
I added {useNewUrlParser: true}

should i just make a new user with a new password?
this challenge is confusing. not clear instructions.

why do you have to put it in the api file? why is it not working when i try to export it from the .env ? whats wrong with this glitch system?

// running tests

mongoose is not connected

Try to change the password in MongoDB atlas and make it very simple

can you please tell me how to create a new user in the cloud.mongo? or change the password ?
im doing this because we believe that one of the characters I chose is not being accepted. also i dont really understand this challenge nor did i learn what the purpose of this was

how do I change the password for a user in the cloud.mongodb ?

this is the query i am running :
https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/?searchProperty=current&query=change%20password

No luck.

To change the password, go to MongoDB and login.
Once you’re in, you’ll see the vertical navigation bar on the left and clusters details on the right.

Click on Security underneath the Cluster section.

You’ll see your mongoDB users.
Click on edit button located on the right, next to delete.

Right under the user name, you will have an edit password button

You don’t export the MONGO_URI, you require the .env package in the root level of your app and use the process.env.MONGO_URI to access the connection string after you have assigned it in your .env file: https://learn.freecodecamp.org/apis-and-microservices/basic-node-and-express/use-the--env-file

I changed the password to not include any special characters, but i am still not connecting to the database.