Most CSS Excercises Are Not Working In Beta Due To Bugs

Most CSS Excercises Are Not Working In Beta Due To Bugs

I was told by someone that knows more than I that I should be learning from the beta tests since they are more up to date. Once I got to CSS they stopped working more than half the time. Should I switch to the non-beta version of the exercises? Is this a CSS lesson issue or does it extend to other languages in the plan? I really want to learn but when it tells me I’m wrong when I can see the results are right it’s kind of discouraging.

Yeah, I jumped ahead to the Sass section and found that that didn’t work at all. Welcome to beta.

I’m working on the node.js stuff right now, and I’m getting the right results on glitch.com, but FCC isn’t accepting my url. For now I’m just chugging along and working through the material. I still like it more than nodeschool.

I tried the D3 tutorial, but almost immediately it did not work correctly. Which is too bad because this is a complicated subject and other tutorials were quite good (especially javascript challenges and React)…

For these very complex libraries, I’m not sure that the FCC approach is really appropriate. In many cases, a considerable amount of explanation is required, and it is almost impossible to understand what’s going on without logging the various selections in the console. The limited"explanation space" on these challenges is probably also challenging (sorry!).

I do understand that some control is necessary if certificates are to be granted which have some standing with potential employers. Perhaps a thread devoted to this issue would be appropriate.

Well it seems I’m not alone. It’s very frustrating because I wanted to learn the latest ways to do stuff but I suppose I’ll have to go to the stable version. Still, it’s kind of crazy they would release the beta for a learning program that fails every single time on most of an entire section. I’m not trying to be rude and as an aspiring programmer myself I understand mistakes will be made and you have to put out stuff that isn’t 100%, but I’m just a bit put off.

FWIW, I just checked and all of the CSS and Flexbox challenges work fine for me. I’d try those in a different browser and see if you have the same problem.

I will try. What browser do you use if I may ask?

I use Chrome.

I had a similar problem when I first started on FCC normal site. The Javascript challenges weren’t working even though I was entering the right code. I tried them in a different browser (it might have even been on a different computer, now that I think about it) and all of a sudden it worked.

I don’t know what the problem was, but it seems to pop up from time to time.

Thanks! I’ll be trying it in Opera tomorrow. If it doesn’t work I’ll try Chrome.