Motorcycle Game

https://codepen.io/hopefulcodegirl/pen/oNzemeN?editors=1010

In the game, there should now be rounded slopes instead of sharp peaks. Why is it not working?

I think the issue is in the loop(), let see if I can deal with it.

1 Like

Did you discover the problem? I still don’t know what is wrong. By the way, happy New Years.

can you identify the lines that should give the round slopes instead of sharp peaks?

I am not telling you to not ask for help here, but freeCodeCamp is more web developement oriented, so probably guys here are not familiar with game developement…

that is still web development - HTML/CSS/JavaScript is web dev

that said, people ask on the forum about other programming languages and people help

Only the fact that games are written with javascript make them a part of web development ?

Web development is the work involved in developing a Web site for the Internet or an intranet. Web development can range from developing a simple single static page of plain text to complex Web-based Internet applications, electronic businesses, and social network services. Wikipedia

and Game development is a separate field,

Game Development is the art of creating games and describes the design, development and release of a game. It may involve concept generation, design, build, test and release. While you create a game, it is important to think about the game mechanics, rewards, player engagement and level design.You can read more here : from freeCodeCamp

I have already noted that i think…

it’s a web app, so it’s web development. There are not even any libraries imported, it’s literally done with JavaScript and nothing else, and JavaScript is the language of the web

1 Like

The game is on Codepen. It’s clearly a HTML/CSS + JavaScript web application.

Let’s not set gatekeeper lines here please.

2 Likes

Geez, guys :sweat_smile: I just asked for a help and this happened…

In case it got lost

The more specifically you can point us towards what’s not behaving as expected, the better we can help.

1 Like

Give me a bit, my family is having a party. I’ll get back to everyone soon. So sorry for the delay.

1 Like

So if we go with the same logic, if a game coded with C++ or Java, does that make it a desktop software(Technically it is a software but will you call it a software or a video game?)? Game developement is a seperate field of coding…

This discussion is off topic and not sanguine to helping the OP. Let’s focus on helping the OP and drop the argument.

2 Likes

I have difficulties to understand what is supposed to happen, what do you mean by “rounded slopes”? Right now, you’re using the lineTo functions of HTML canvas, you’re basically drawing zig-zag lines. For something “round”, you’d need the canvas arc() method, but I suspect this is not what you mean?

1 Like

I’m going to start over and then get back to you guys. Thanks you!

I got it now. Sorry for the trouble! I’ll be back if I need help later.

Why did my slopes stop moving and disappear and why is my motorcycle sitting in the sky? https://codepen.io/hopefulcodegirl/pen/oNzemeN?editors=1010

Nevermind, i got it fixed.