Multiplying two variables, I mean I can do the addtion and subtraction ones, but I can't get this mulitpying one!

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT…HELP!!

function exerciseTwo(num1, num2){
  // In this exercise, you will be given two variables, they will be called: num1 and num2
  // On the next line create a variable called 'product' and using math operators return num1 multiplied by num2
  var product;
  math.product(num1,num2);

// Please write your answer in the line above.
return product;
}

Hi Alex,

As far as I can tell there is no Math.product() in javscript.
(see: Math - JavaScript | MDN)

I am not quite sure whether you tried this FCC exercise, but here it is explained how to multiply:
Multiply Two Numbers with JavaScript

There is also the “Get a hint” button next to all exercises, with additional explanation … (though with this exercise not so much extra material :smiley: ) freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Multiply Two Numbers with JavaScript - Guide - The freeCodeCamp Forum

1 Like

Oh, thank you very much, I figured it out, it was simple, now I am stuck on another one, would you care to help?

2 Likes

function exerciseThree(str){
// In this exercise, you will be given a variable, it will be called: str
// On the next line create a variable called ‘length’ and using the length property assign the new variable to the length of str
var length;
length.length;

Basically exercise wants you to create a variable called length like this:

var length;

then assign the length of the str value to it, like this:

length=str.length;
1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums