MVC - Headaches and Frustrations

Is it pretty typical for MVC to be quite a beast to learn? I’ve been working with ASP.NET MVC and man, it’s definitely not for the feint of heart. I am still very motivated because I know the knowledge is going to pay off big time and I do see progress and am able to continue through my course lessons… But I run into simple coding problems that sometimes take an hour for me to solve, and the fact that you have to add a class, add properties, add a DbContext, name and add a migration, update the database, then place the proper logic into the controller, then update the view to do something as simple as add a new table of into to a website can be pretty daunting and it opens one up to frustration via an error anywhere in that process?

I do enjoy working with MVC and I love back-end. I am not going to stop it, but my question is, for someone who started coding 2 months ago, is it normal to feel like you’re moving at a snails pace trying to learn/work with MVC at times? Thanks.

PS: Anyone know of a “less formal” environment to ask questions as an alternative to stack overflow? FCC is a great community but sometimes I feel like it is more front-end based and not sure if these types of questions fit in.

1 Like