My calculator project feedback

Hello there, I have just completed my front-end libraries calculator project using React. there is a a gh-pages branch and a master branch. The GH-PAGES is there so it loads the React elements on github.io, the master branch is there to read the code.

Here is my project!

https://dejafuu.github.io/calculator/

And here is the source code on Github:

Any kind of critique, advice or help is greatly appreciated,

Frank.

If I type in a lot of numbers, they are allowed to go off the display. (User Story #8)

If I type in 5 * 5 * 5 =, it calculates 5 * 5 = 25, so it’s not chaining up correctly. (User Story #9)

If I type in 6 * 6 =, it calculates correctly, but then if I enter any numbers after that it starts adding them to the answer. I expected it to start a new calculation.

If I type in 5 / 0 =, it calculates 5/5 = 1.

I really like the attention to detail you put into the ‘keys’ on the calculator… making the numbers all one color, the operators another and the functions another, it’s a good idea and makes the app seem more like a real life calculator.

Thanks for your feedback saclark12000.

The idea is that you can use the equal function to do things like 5 * 5 * 5, by using 5 * 5, and then reusing equals which should give 125.

I’ll have to look into the problem of 5/0, I checked Redux and it seems the state doesn’t change so it is taking a truthy (read 1) value instead. I’ll fix it tomorrow!