My code wont pass. It says the"You should add 5 new div elements" I dont think theres smth wrong with my code. I have already added 5 new divs

" The buildings are too spaced out. Squeeze them together by adding two empty div elements to the top of the .background-buildings element, two more at the bottom of it, and one more in between .bb3 and .bb4 . These will be added as evenly-spaced elements across the container, effectively moving the buildings closer to the center."

here’s my code below:

<div></div>
 <div></div>
    <div class="background-buildings">
<div></div>
<div></div>
      <div class="bb1">
        <div class="bb1a"></div>
        <div class="bb1b"></div>
        <div class="bb1c"></div>
        <div class="bb1d"></div>
      </div>
      <div class="bb2"></div>
      <div class="bb3"></div>
<div></div>
      <div class="bb4"></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
    </div>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Can you post a link to the challenge pls?

hi, thanks for replying. I’ve passed the challenge by “guessing” what to remove as it says that 5 divs should be there. (but I dont actually understand)

the above is my original code but when I remove the 2 divs before

my code push through... but when I dissect the instruction.
  1. adding two empty div elements to the top of the .background-buildings element
  2. two more at the bottom of it, (which I thought bottom of the `.background-buildings’ element)
  3. One more in between .bb3 and .bb4

total 5 divs

here’s the link:

I guess the first two were the wrong ones?
(They are outside the element but all the divs should be inside?)

yes the first two were the wrong ones.

however the first instruction was:

1. adding two empty div elements to the top of the .background-buildings element

so if they instruction said " before the … element" then you go above that line and add the divs. But since they said the “the top of the … element” then that just means to put 2 divs inside but at the top… (if you get what i mean)