My first complete project-tribute page

Hi all,
https://codepen.io/codelaura/pen/oNbgEEB
I am super happy to have passed the tests. My tribute page is very basic but I just wanted to share it with you all.

What do you all think?

looks good

no need to improve it

1 Like

Some things to revisit @coder20201;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
1 Like

Thank you very much!

hello again, I completed all 10 tests and have followed your other instructions. I have just submitted my tribute page. Will I have to submit the other four tests before getting feedback for it?

@coder, looks good but use the W3C validator. This block of code is incorrect;

<head>
  title
  <header id="title"> George Floyd </header>
</head>
<main id="main">

<body>

The header element and the main element belong within the body element as these are elements that the browser displays.
Ideally you want;

<head>
  <title>George Floyd </title>
</head>
<body>
  <main id="main">
  <header id="title"><h1>George Floyd</h1></header>

That being said, codepen does all this for you. Anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

As an aside, here’s what a basic HTML boilerplate would look like.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you want feedback on your projects just open a topic here and ask for feedback. You can do that before you submit the project or after. But if you get feedback and don’t want to resubmit the project just ensure that any changes you do are in the same pen.

Roma, thanks again. This project has really taught me that I need to check my code and check again.