My First Deployed Website

I recently just deployed my first website and I feel pretty good about the final product. It’s pretty basic because I currently on know HTML & CSS but I am working on JS. Please provide any feedback or constructive criticism that you have. I appreciate your time and thank you for taking a look at my project.

5 Likes

Impressive for your first website. However you have to focus on the aspect ratio of your images div especially on mobile.

@CitrineDragon Fabulous website!!! It looks professional. I cannot think of any way to improve it.

Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback, I appreciate it. Can you further elaborate on what you are suggesting?

I believe I have a basic understanding of aspect ratio with the standards being 16:9 and 4:3 for screens and videos. Is there a standard aspect ratio for images? What should I be correcting?

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to view my site.

Beautiful job congratulations! :wink:

Hello CitrineDragon,

The site itself is in much better shape that I have seen recently on free code camp., however there is room for improvement.

This is my critique:

• Its is only semi-mobile friendly, some pictures get cropped. See here:

when the phone would have a smaller resolution.

• No response of buttons when mouse is hovering over buttons in contact section. This makes me sad :pensive:

• This is a personal thing, so take this with a grain of salt. I think your site would be a prime example from parallax effect.

I recently just deployed my first website

Not bad for first try, not bad at all… I like the first picture!
Take care,
Narcis

@Narcis-Samec

Thank you for all of your detailed feedback, I made the suggested changes and updated the server which should update the site soon. The parallax effect was added to my showcase and was very easy to implement as were the hover effects on my contact links. The hover effects were just an oversight because I was excited to get the site deployed and forgot to add them.

I’m still not satisfied with the way my images have turned out, I did however make them more mobile friendly and removed the cropping. The images that I was given to use were dramatically different in layout and size, some of the pictures were taken in landscape and other in portrait. A couple of them were pictures that were edited to remove others so it was really difficult to standardize the pictures.

I used object-fit: cover for the image gallery which is why the images were/are being cropped but it was the only way that I could figure out to standardize the images. The images that I had to work with vary wildly in size and layout with some being taken in landscape and others being very tall and narrow. Is there a better way to handle this type of situation?

Thank you for all of your detailed feedback…

No problem :kissing_heart:

Is there a better way to handle this type of situation?

If I have learned anything from programing / coding - there is always a better way, however I am sorry to say that I do not know solution to your problem :anguished: , BUT you have a quite specific problem that some1 somewhere had to deal before and I would thought even found a solution, try asking on stack overflow