My First ever project-Tribute Page. Request for your valuable feedback

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever project- a very simple one yet it took me days more than I expected. I tried various audio files but still, it did not work on codepen. I do not know why!

Would you be kind to take a look at it and tell me what you think about the page? I take criticisms very well. Is there any suggestion that you would like to tell me? Or any part that should I work upon?

Here’s the link: https://codepen.io/U-S/pen/yLYeabw

2 Likes

Hey there,

Nice page, good job!
There is only one thing that I would like to mention is you had used several section tags, which HTML validation requires heading tags for it h2-h6. So maybe you would like to check it by yourself.

2 Likes

Hey there,
Sorry for the late reply.
Thank you so much for your feedback and the W3C validator information. I did not know such a thing existed. The validator result matches what you mentioned, there were several section tags with no headings. I modified HTML as per the validator. Once again, thank you @yigit

Page looks okay @US-India. Something to revisit;

• Make your page responsive. On small screens sections cover each other and your audio player covers part of a section too.

Hey Roma,
Thank you for your feedback. Could you please elaborate on the part “On small screens sections cover each other and your audio player covers part of a section too”. I don’t quite understand it.

A more consistent formatting style (especially for CSS) may be a good idea as well:

• indentation
  • whether { should stay on the same line with a selector or go to the next one
  • space after : in CSS properties
  • etc.

Not only it helps others to read the code it also reduces the chance of introducing errors along the way.

1 Like