My first FCC project, a Trubite Page!

Hello guys!

I’m so excited to complete my first HTML/CSS project here on freeCodeCamp!
It turned out pretty plain and simple, but I like it nevertheless.

The main reason for writing this post is actually to ask a question.
What is the best way to post your projects online?

I’m writing my code in the VSCode and keeping my project in the Desktop folder on my machine.
I tried copying the code to codepen service, and it turned out like this: https://codepen.io/moonblade_/full/poEWxbr.
Seems to work just fine. But I would like to test other ways as well, so I can choose which works the best for me.

Also, after I complete all 5 Responsive Web Design Projects, how am I going to be able to claim the certification? Does someone check the links I provide after completing the challenge (besides the CDN in the project itself)?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @moonblade. Your page looks good. I’ll give some feedback on this project than answer your questions. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    • if you want multiple paragraphs then use multiple paragraph elements
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

You can put your projects on codepen, repl.it, GitHub. There is no best but when you start looking for employment a working knowledge of Git/GitHub will be preferable. You can learn more about it later.

You claim the cert yourself after signing the Academic Honesty Policy. The only checking that is done is if you post your projects to the forum and ask for feedback.

Looks good! Consider limiting the width of the paragraph and/or adding some padding. There’s some convention about wide paragraphs being hard to read but I’m not sure the recommended max.

You can also store your code on GitHub. One of the options under Settings there allows you to turn on GitHub pages to publish your site. I think Frontend Mentor suggested publishing on Vercel, which loads straight from your GitHub each time you push out your code, so that’s nice too for viewing live sites.

Once you finish your projects, you can see the certification on your fcc profile and there are links to either share to your LinkedIn or Twitter.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Thanks for the insight, I’ll make sure to replace <br> tags with proper syntax.
The thing about the link is that in this case I took the example from the FCC’s Tribute Page.

<h3>
If you have time, you should read more about this incredible human being on his<a id="tribute-link" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug" target="_blank">Wikipedia entry</a>.
</h3>

Thank you for your reply!

I will try to resize the paragraph and see how it looks.

The examples were made by regular people. Read the links.

I’m not sure if creating a new topic for such a thing is a good way to go.

…but! I’ve learned how to use GitHub repositories and how to upload updated files from your machine to the repository. Using GitHub Desktop is in fact very simple.

I’ve changed the design a little and made the page more responsive for smaller screens, removed <br> tags and made the paragraphs a little less wide, which should make it prettier and easier to read.

Oh, here is the link: https://moon-blade.github.io/fcc-tribute-page/

It’s so much more convenient than using codepen service, so I might as well post my other projects using GitHub! So happy to learn something new!

It looks good @moonblade.

• There is still a <br> tag
  • There is a stray closing html tag