My first project FFC Tribute Page

Hello all. I have just finished the curriculum up to the point of being assigned to create a page with the same functionality as FCC Tribute Page. Honestly I’m at a complete loss on where I should start writing this html and css.

I understand the objective of the project and have some family photos that I will use in place of the ones on that page. I plan to tailor it to me but just don’t know the best way to get started.

Here is what I have so far:

<html>
  <head>
    <main id="main">
      <h1 id="title">A Family History</h1>
      <p id="subtitle">21 years of building a family</p>
  </head>
    <body>
      <div class="flex-container">
  <div></div>

</div>
    </body>
</html>

Where is the best place to start this project?
What should a standard beginning html layout look like?

I really need some guidance on the simplest method to get started.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

If you’re using CodePen, then you don’t want to add the html, head, and body sections because that is handled by CodePen.

In terms of where to start, start small and simple. Feel free to skim back through freeCodeCamp lessons to refresh yourself on how to create sections in your html. Use headers for titles and paragraphs for text and so on. Don’t worry about making it pretty from the get-go. Get the skeleton in place and improve it bit by bit. Don’t be shy about asking for help if something isn’t working as you expect.

Ok I’ll take that advice. I think I’ll just do the html first and get everything on the screen. Once I have that done I’ll start the css.

Thanks

Good plan. That’s what I would do.