My first project: Joseph Kittinger Tribute page.. any feedback or suggestions will be highly appreciated

Hey guys,

I started the FCC course on Friday and yesterday finished my first little project.
Tribute page: Joseph Kittinger
One thing I would still like to change is a problem I seem to have with my second photo.
If you would look at the page on a smaller screen the text next to it moves above the picture…
Preferably the pictures would reduce in size when used on diferent devices and the text would remain clear of the picture.

Until two days ago all I knew about a computer was how to open my email and my facebook and maybe some minor word & excell features, so all feedback will be highly appreciated !!!

Thx guys!
And girls!

Hi @Stoffel-KT,

It is better to avoid inline style (in the html):

This code is not correct:

<h1 style="color:black">Joseph William Kittinger II</h1>
          <h3 style="text-align:center"><i>The Man Who Fell to Earth</i></h3>

Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.
Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Hey,

Thx for the feedback,

With regards to the headings, I skipped h2 because I Think they also used it in the examples we were given during the first chapters of the course, but it does seem more logical not to…

With regards to your first remark… you mean I should try to specify my styles in as a certain ID in CSS and than give my HTML element the corresponding ID?
I think I also saw in the example we were given that they mentioned they didn’t use CSS, therefore I thought they meant I should use it if not needed, but I think by now I can understand itmight indeed be easier to group all your different styles in CSS.

Thanks for your feedback!

You are Welcome :slight_smile:

Is better use classes because the ID must be unique (you can’t have the same ID multiple times) in the document[1].

Now you have two sources of style rules:

• The CSS tab for img, body and a
  • The HTML file with multiple rules

This make the page difficult to review because I need to read every element in the html file to know the style rules. I can’t be sure if all h1 , h2 etc has the same rules or if an element has rules at all.

Is easy overlook something like this, for that reason is always a good idea to show your work to another person :thumbsup: .

[1] A Line In The Sand, A Story About Meaty Chili and Using Classes | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

1 Like