My first project -tribute page has been completed!

Hi guys! I just completed my first project!
Please take a look at it :blush:
https://codepen.io/chickenmomo-s/full/QWKzbBv
Thank you

1 Like

@chichkenmomos
Your font is not working.
It would work in yours if you downloaded the font.
But for others import it.

Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links .
Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
“wikipedia” is not accessible — Roma

Mentioned by Roma. So that ‘wikipedia entry’ is not accessible!

It is good, maybe for addition you can make your image to be responsive … if I am not mistaken that has been written on the rule

Welcome to the forums @chichkenmomos. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (There’s an error in your media query)
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipedia entry” is not accessible
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
  • User’s are not seeing your page the way you want them to. Most won’t have ‘Frank Ruhl Libre’ loaded on their computer and you neither link to it (head element in HTML) or import it (CSS).
    • on a side note, more than likely for that font you’d want to have as a backup font, serif. that’s what is recommended.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.