My First Project - Tribute Page

I finished my first project and even though it is quite small, I loved working on it. It was harder than I thought and it’s not perfect but I would like to have your opinion and advice on the project. Thank you for giving me a moment of your time!

CodePen Link : https://codepen.io/fuzi0n/pen/bGVMexO

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @fuzi0n. Some things to revisit;

• There are multiple uses of the id's title2 and highlight. Remember, an id must be unique within the document.
    • Just change them to be a class instead.
  • Everything that the browser renders belongs in the body element.
    • Even though your footer element is empty it is still something the browser would render and thus, it belongs in the body element. Not outside of it.
  • You need to make your page responsive. I have a scrollbar on my laptop when fullscreen. On smaller screens things fall out.
    • You’d be better to use percentages instead of pixels. In one of your id's you have left and right padding that totals 1000 pixels. What happens on a phone that is less than 400 pixels?
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

Thank you for your answer, I will try to apply your advice!

Very good job, man. I like what you did with the colors. I noticed that when we hit the mobile version, it doesn’t center the elements. Look what I did with mine

It’s not finished but the media query is well selected, I think.

Nice comment about the accessibility on links. I never thought of that. I’m applying that on my tribute page. Thanks!